Today, lets take a look at how to create water marble nails. Water marble nails are not new, but they are very popular! So for those who have not tried it, I will present a step-by-step tutorial on how to create your first ever water marble nails. It’s fun, and this technique can be used to create an unlimited variety of designs.
What you will need:
- 3 colors of nail polish
- top coat
- plastic cup with room temperature water
- vaseline (to apply on your fingers, more on vaseline below)
- Apply white nail polish as your base. It will help with color presentation at the later step.
- Apply a generous amount of vaseline around your fingers. This step is for ease of cleaning once we finish inking fingers with water. A lot of us use scotch tape instead; however, I find it that it is not as comfortable, and the tape does not completely cover my fingers. Not to mention, vaseline can provide protection and aid in hand care.
- Prepare a plastic cup that is big enough that you can get your finger in. Fill the cup wither room temperature water
- Drop some nail polish into the water
- Form concentric circle with different colors of polish.
- A good tip here is that you should try not to pick a plastic cup that is too big. Once you drop a nail polish into the water, it will expand to the most outer circle of the cup, so a larger cup will make it harder to form a good layer of circle.
- Use a toothpick to make shapes of your choice. Be creative here!
- Position your finger to the water mark where you want your finger get inked
- Dip your finger into the water
- Wait until the polish on the surface of water dry up, then use a wooden stick or tree stick to clean up the polish.
- You need to make sure the polish on the surface of water is all cleaned up before you take your finger out.
- Tip – blow to water to speed up drying the polish
- Take your finger out and clean around your finger
- Since vaseline was applied around the finger early on, you shouldn’t need to apply nail polish remover on your finger now.
- And that’s it! Follow the simple steps, you can create your first ever cute water marble nails!